If you have questions or concerns regarding this statement, please contact us.
What we collect and use
“Personally Identifiable Information or personal information” is information that can identify you as a specific individual, such as your name, telephone number, email address, Social Security number, credit card number, etc. and may include any information involving your health or medical history. ConnectedHealth respects your privacy and the confidentiality of your information, but we do collect personal information in order to allow you to register for an account, process your insurance application, and to better assist you. When you register for an account we collect personal information from you such as your name and your email address. When you choose to apply for an insurance plan, we collect additional personal information from you such as your residence address. ConnectedHealth also may obtain non-personally identifiable information such as your use of our websites, communication preferences, which websites you visited immediately prior, the most popular ConnectedHealth web pages visited, and the total number of visitors, etc.
Disclosure to third parties
ConnectedHealth does not disclose your personal information to third parties, except for the following:
- Insurance companies, licensed agents and business partners, authorized health savings account (HSA) trustees or administrators, and government run exchanges and entities. If you submit an application for an insurance product offered by us, then we will disclose your personal information to your chosen insurance company to process your application. If you submit an application for an insurance product offered through an insurance agent or agency with whom we have associated, then we may disclose your personal information to that agent or agency to process your requested quote or application. If you complete an enrollment form for a health savings account offered through an authorized HSA trustee or administrator with whom we have associated, then we may disclose your personal information to that trustee or administrator to enroll you in an HSA. If you complete an application with us that is processed through a government-run exchange or other government-run entity, we will disclose your personal information to that government-run exchange or entity. Please be assured that these partners are only allowed to use your personal information to process your requested quote, application or enrollment form and are legally obligated to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Service Providers. We may disclose your personal information to other companies that help us to process or service any application you begin, process or submit through us or to correspond with you. For example, we may provide your personal information to a service provider to assist in the processing of your insurance enrollment. Please be assured that the companies we hire to process or service your insurance application or correspond with you are not allowed to use your personal information for their own purposes and are contractually obligated to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Employers, Affinity Groups, and Benefits Administrators or Consultants. If you were referred to us by, or use our website or call center in connection with, a current or former employer, affinity group, or other organization with which you may be affiliated (or a benefits administrator or consultant associated with such employer, group or organization), we may disclose your personal information to such employer, group, organization, administrator and/or consultant. For example, we may inform such employer, group, organization, administrator and/or consultant whether or not you have enrolled in a plan. Please be assured that these parties are only allowed to use your personal information as permitted by applicable law.
- Your Consent. If you provide us an indication of your consent to disclose, share or use your personal information in connection with a third party, we may disclose, share or use your personal information in that manner. For example, if you opt in to our social media mailing lists and promotional updates, then we may disclose your relevant personal information to social media platforms where ConnectedHealth has a corporate account for the purpose of adding you to ConnectedHealth’s social media mailing and promotional update lists. Generally, in such a situation, the social media platforms are not allowed to use your personal information for their own purposes unless you have a direct account on such social media platforms, in which case your personal information would be handled by the social media platforms in accordance with the social media platforms’ privacy policies.
- Legal obligations. We reserve the right to disclose your personally identifiable information as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process on our website.
- In the event ConnectedHealth goes through a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, your personally identifiable information will likely be among the assets transferred. You will be notified via email and a notice on the front page of our Web site of any such change in ownership or control of your personal information.
ConnectedHealth may collect aggregated, non personal information for internal purposes (e.g., aggregated trend analysis) and may provide this information to third parties for purposes including but not limited to, market research.
Our websites do not intentionally solicit or collect personal information about children under the age of 13. If you are under 13 and would like to use our website, please ask a parent or guardian for assistance.
The security of your personal information is important to us. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100-percent secure, however. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security or that our security measures will prevent its computers from being illegally accessed, and the personal information on them stolen or altered. Any transmission of data at or through our website is at your own risk.
Links to other sites
This website contains links to other sites that are not owned or controlled by ConnectedHealth. We neither endorse, make any representations nor accept any liability (whether direct or indirect) for such third-party websites or their content, products or services offered at those websites, or by their sponsoring companies. Nor is ConnectedHealth responsible for the privacy practices of other third-party websites. We encourage you to look for and review the privacy statements of each and every website that you visit through a link on ConnectedHealth’s website.
Technology: cookies/web beacons/pixels
The in-memory session ID cookie authorizes you to pass from one page to another without having to re-supply your credentials. The in-memory session ID cookie contains neither your password nor any personally-identifiable information. The in-memory session ID cookies is a security token indicating that you are a valid user. The persistent cookie is used for site analytics and also does not contain any personally-identifiable information you submit while on our site. It allows us to track and target the interest of our users to enhance the experiences on our site.
If you would prefer not to have the benefits of cookies, your Internet browser can be adjusted to treat cookies in different ways. Depending upon the type of browser you are using, you may be able to configure your browser so that: (i) you are prompted to accept or reject cookies on an individual basis or (ii) you may be able to prevent your browser from accepting any cookies at all. You should refer to the supplier or manufacturer of your web browser for specific details about cookie security. However, you should also understand that rejecting cookies might affect your ability to interact with the ConnectedHealth website.
We also collect certain technical information from your computer each time you request a page during a visit to our websites. This information may include your Internet protocol (IP) address, your computer’s operating system, browser type and the address of a referring website, if any. We collect this information to enhance the quality of your experience during your visit to our site and will not sell or rent this information to any third parties.
We use various website analytics tools and technologies regarding activities on our website that require storage of web session data. The overall aim of these tools is to aid in making the website easy to use and to proactively identify and correct error conditions. These tools and technologies are also used to assist website visitors who report problems in the use of our website. Stored web session data is never sold or rented to third parties and is purged when these purposes have been fulfilled.
We partner with one or more third party ad networks to manage and display advertising to visitors on our website and to manage and display advertising viewed by visitors on other sites. Our ad network partner(s) use technologies such as cookies, clear gifs and LSOs to collect non-personal information about your activities on this and other websites to provide you targeted advertising based upon your interests and browsing patterns. Such activity is often called behavioral targeting or re-targeting, and this may change the ads or other features you see on our website or other websites that you visit. If you wish to not have this information used for the purpose of serving you targeted ads, you may opt-out of specific re-targeting programs by clicking here for the TRUSTe opt-out site or here for the NAI opt-out site. These opt-out programs may not be designed to work for all advertising networks or methods. Your browser may also have settings to reduce or eliminate re-targeting, such as an anonymous browsing mode or a mode that does not accept cookies. Currently, our site does not change its behavior based on receiving your browser’s “do-not-track” setting or signal. Please note that opting out of re-targeting does not opt you out of being served advertising. You will continue to receive generic ads instead of tailored ads.
Access to your personal information
If your personally identifiable information changes you may correct or update it by making the change on the “My Account” page.
Upon your request, we will delete your personally identifiable information from our active databases and where feasible from our backup media. You should be aware that it is not technologically possible to remove each and every record of the information you have provided to ConnectedHealth from our servers.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Use of the website outside of the United States
To the extent that you are accessing the website while domiciled outside of the United States, you acknowledge that the personal information you are providing ConnectedHealth is collected and stored in the United States and therefore consent to the transfer of information to and storage of the information outside of your domiciled country and in the United States.
ConnectedHealth reserves the right to change, modify or amend this policy at any time. However, if there are changes made to the use of users’ personally identifiable information in a manner different from that stated at the time of collection we will notify you by posting a notice on our website for 30 days.
Updated November 1, 2015